April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
First Choice Dental’s Commitment to Your Safety and Health
4 Ways to Celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month
First Choice Dental's Re-Opening Update
Five Tips for Proper Orthodontic Care Between Visits
No Dental Insurance? Try this Smart Choice
Why Every Kid Should See an Orthodontist Starting at Age 7
Empowering Hygienists with Collaboration & Clear Expectations
To Succeed, Our Hygienists Keep Learning
Sharp Instruments Give Our Hygienists an Edge
Flexibility and the Game of Life
Our Structure Puts People First
Are you at risk for gum disease? Take this quiz to find out!
5 reasons you should celebrate this unsung Dane County anniversary
Summer is here! Time for the cookouts, maybe a little camping, and… braces!
Say "I Do" to a Beautiful Smile
Why Fluoride? The Good, the Bad, and the Facts
When do you start dental care with kids?
Improve your #selfie game with a healthy #smile
No need to floss? Think again!
Dental implants change the way dentists address tooth loss
Oral Cancer Myth Busting -- What You Don’t Know Could Hurt You
Snack Ideas with Punch for Your Smile
Smile Makeovers In Time For Your Wedding Day
Smile Makeover Photos You Will Not Believe
Acid Reflux or GERD and Tooth Damage
Join Us for a Luau to Help Fund Epilepsy Research
Dentist Approved Holiday Snacks for Kids and Adults
Tips to Keep Your Smile White and Bright this Holiday Season
What’s the first step in TMJ Treatment?
What You Can Expect During a Dental Hygiene Visit May Surprise You
Are Adult Fluoride Treatments Necessary
Keep Your Gums Healthy to Avoid Tooth Loss
Your Dental Hygiene Visit is More Than A Cleaning
How Do I Know if My Child Needs Braces
Childrens Dentistry to Maintain Kids Dental Health and Teaching Good Self Care
Teeth Grinding Clenching and Bruxism
Oral Cancer & HPV: A Doctor's Perspective
Have you had your oral cancer screening this year?
It Is Never Too Late to Make Your Teeth Straight with Braces for Adults
5 Dental Myths to Avoid for the Sake of Your Oral Health
Did You Know Your Dentist at First Choice Dental Could Help Relieve Chronic Headaches?
Learn More About Lumineers, the Ultra-thin Veneers for Your Teeth
Heart & Dental Health Go Hand in Hand
Hope and Hula in Pursuit of a Cure for Epilepsy
Conscious Sedation Dentistry Helps Make Dental Visits Easier
5 New Years Resolutions for a Healthier Smile
Is Flossing Your Teeth Really Important?
Smile-Worthy Holiday Gifts That Sparkle
Tips for Super Smile-Worthy Holiday Photos
Save hundreds of dollars this holiday season? Visit your dentist before December 31.
Is dental health linked to heart health?
Dental Hygiene Month Reminder More than a Cleaning
No lectures! Plus 6 other things you THOUGHT you had to fear at the dentist, but don’t.
Which toothpaste do dentists recommend: Insights into your dentist’s medicine cabinet.
How does the orthodontics process work?
What is Multi-phase Orthodontic Treatment and how can it help me?
Children's Dental Health Month: 10 Keys To Smile Health At Every Age & Stage
We're now your Waunakee dentist with the opening of First Choice Dental's 10th facility in Waunakee.
Oral Wellness: Your Dentist Helps You Have A Healthier Smile, For a Healthier You
Smile Healthy With Summer Nutrition Tips
Dental Care Tips For Special Needs Patients
What is Sedation Dentistry and is it right for me?
What is MI Paste and how can it benefit my teeth?
What is Laser Dentistry and how can it make for comfortable dental visits?
10 Tips to Make Key Dental Dates Part of Your 2013 Calendar
Mistletoe Preparedness Tips: Holidays = Together Time. Are you ready?
Why should I make dental visits part of my back to school routine?
5 Tips for Parents about Dentists for Kids in Madison
A Look at Laser Dentistry and Waterlase Technology
Making Sense of Teeth Whitening Options
How to Find the Right Dental Care for Your Child with Special Needs
Eat Healthy for a Healthy Smile
How Can Conscious Sedation Help with Dental Fear?
Conscious Sedation provides hope and help for people with overwhelming fear or anxiety of going to the dentist.
Tips for a More Kissable Smile
What Your Teeth are Telling You: Your Smile Could Show Signs of Diabetes and Other Health Risks
Don't Let Halloween Treats Play Tricks on Your Healthy Teeth!
Brace Yourself for Orthodontic Health Month
Snack Shacks & Sticky Summer Treats...Tips To Keep Your Child's Teeth Healthy!
Helpful Chart from the Minnesota Dental Association Shows Soda Sugar & Acid. When in doubt, water's always a great choice!
What are the benefits of Invisalign(R) invisible braces and how does the process work?
GameFace Mouth Guards Help Provide Sports Safety
Ten Foods That Are Good For Your Body And Your Smile
Can my dentist turn snoring into sleeping beauty?
Sip all day. Get decay. Soda can harm your oral health.
What To Expect When You're Expecting, Or Would Like to Be: A Trip to the Dentist is Important for Moms-To-Be or If You May Be Soon…
Does a Healthy Smile Lead to a Healthy Heart? Research shows a link between oral and overall health
Your dentist may be able to relieve chronic headaches caused by TMJ
Braces-Friendly Eating Tips: Dietary Guidelines for Orthodontic Patients
How Do I Know If I Have Gum Disease & What Can I Do About It?
Fluoride: Too Much of a Good Thing?
Does flossing really make a difference?
First Choice Dental Group Fact Sheet
Can the health of my smile affect my overall health?
How can I make my smile look better with help from a cosmetic dentist?
Smile-Worthy Holiday Gifts That Sparkle
December 1, 2014
Santa's thinking about sparkling smiles for the holidays. How about you?
Clever holiday gift ideas may be found at your Madison dentist office! Are you looking for holiday gifts that are unique and useful? Maybe Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa or dear Aunt Mable is hard to buy for, and you're not sure what to choose? There’s nothing better than the gift of a healthy smile! From fun stocking stuffers to teeth whitening gift certificates to make someone shine, there are many ideas that are fun, and good for the people you care about! The Madison dentists at First Choice Dental has some ideas to get you started. Fill stockings or make your own holiday smile packages! Perfect and practical ideas, even for the hard-to-buy-for types on your list.
Smile-Worthy Gifts For Kids
- Sonicare Toothbrush for Kids
- Recommended by the Madison dentists at First Choice Dental to do a more effective, thorough job than traditional tooth brushes
- Kid-friendly colors to help make brushing fun
- Patented sonic technology creates powerful yet gentle dynamic cleaning action that reaches deep between teeth and along the gum line.
- Built-in 2-minute timer helps kids brush for the right amount of time
- Ergonomically designed handle made with kids’ hands in mind
- Stuff stockings with mints or gum that are good for your smile.
- Choose from today’s wide variety of sugar-free flavors and brands
- Mints and gum with Xylitol for natural cavity-fighting action. Xylitol is Xylitol is added to some chewing gums and other oral care products to prevent tooth decay and dry mouth.
- Shopping for a teen with braces?
- Avoid sticky, crunchy or chewy treats. Stick to braces-friendly treats and snacks for stocking stuffers or holiday treats. Here’s a complete guide of what to eat and what not to eat with braces.
- Shopping for your favorite young athlete? Help them get their Game Face on! We can help you give a gift certificate for a custom-made mouth guard in team colors! Just ask our offices and we’ll have one made up for you!
Smile-Worthy Gifts For Adults
- Sonicare Professional Grade Toothbrushes are available at your local Madison dentist office. These are high-quality, professional grade toothbrushes you won’t find at the typical big box store, and Sonicare’s proven technology gives a better clean for teeth and gums than traditional toothbrushes.
- The Sonicare Toothbrush is a great choice for older, stiffer fingers and hands that could use help brushing with ease, perfect for a grandparent or elderly friend, as well as the rest of us!
- Stuff their stockings with smile-worthy treats!
- Dental floss or those little plastic flossers make fantastic stocking stuffers. Better yet, conquer the floss once and for all by giving your loved on a Sonicare Air Floss. While not as effective as traditional flossing with good old-fashioned dental floss, it’s the perfect solution for those who simply refuse to floss regularly. Sonicare AirFloss is specially designed for an easy, effective way to clean between your teeth. It features microburst technology that delivers micro-droplets of air and water to remove plaque between teeth, and it’s proven safe and gentle on gums and teeth. With one-button functionality and a guidance tip that ensures targeted cleaning between teeth, patients using Sonicare AirFloss can quickly clean the entire mouth in just 60 seconds.
- Have teeth. Will travel. Fill their favorite colored travel kit with their favorite toiletries, including smile-friendly selections like a travel toothbrush, travel-sized toothpaste, travel packs of floss or plastic flossers, travel-sized mouth wash and fluoride rinse. Your favorite traveler will thank you!
- Xylitol gum or mints provides minty fresh breath plus a burst of cavity-fighting Xylitol to boot
- Give the gift of a whiter smile. We offer gift certificates for take-home or in-office teeth whitening to help them start the year bright! Give the gift of confidence and beauty by providing an opportunity for someone (or yourself!) to experience the benefits of a brighter smile!
Often times, we are last on our own lists, when it comes to caring for ourselves and our smiles. Don’t forget to treat you, too! Take time to care for your own smile or share these gifts to bring a beautiful, healthy smile to someone you love!
Find out about First Choice Dental Locations near you, or if this list of shopping ideas has jogged your memory that you need to schedule an appointment, request one online!