Receive exceptional, anxiety-free dental care
If you have dental anxiety, you’re not alone. Half of the adults in the U.S. won’t visit a dentist because they feel uneasy. At First Choice Dental, our goal is to ensure that no one avoids going to the dentist due to fear. One powerful option for overcoming this hurdle and getting the care you need is sedation dentistry.
What is sedation dentistry
Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective way to have years of dental treatment completed in just one or two visits. For phobic patients, the ability to have a lot of needed treatment done in one appointment, or to visit the dentist without anxiety, is truly life-changing.
Our sedation dentists are experts trained to administer a small dose of medication that will help you relax throughout your dental appointment, with little or no memory of the procedure.
Is sedation dentistry right for you?
Sedation dentistry may be right if you…
- Regularly cancel dentist appointments due to apprehension.
- Have put off dental treatment for a long time and are overdue for significant dental care.
- Have a lot of fear about going to the dentist.
- Have had traumatic dental experiences in the past.
- Have ever been told that you aren't "yourself" before or during a dental visit, due to stress or anxiety.
How it works
- At your free sedation dentistry consultation, you and your sedation dentist will outline your plan for dental treatment and schedule your treatment.
- Your sedation dentist will prescribe you two pills—one to take at night before your appointment, and the other to take the morning of your dental appointment.
- Patients are assessed when they arrive at the office for their appointment and more meds may be given at that time.
- You will arrive for your dental appointment ready for an anxiety-free appointment where you can get the dental care you need.
Schedule your FREE consultation
If you are interested in learning more, you can call us to schedule a free dental sedation consultation, where you can meet the dentist, learn more about the process, and discuss the treatment you may need. Our patients find this no-risk, no-charge consultation puts them right at ease.
July 1, 2017
In summer we wedge in appointments for the kids; a physical for fall sports, an eye exam, plus a semi-annual dental cleaning and checkup. And this could be the summer your kid embraces braces. There’s something about your kids orthodontics that triggers deeply held emotions! Are you old enough to remember those coming-of-age 80s movies where some awkward teenager sat on the bus sporting what appeared to be full-body orthodontia? Did those scenes or the warnings of being locked forever in your first kiss with another metal mouth deter you from getting braces as a kid? Read More
June 1, 2017
If you are planning braces for your child, summer is the perfect time to get her started. Though she may not appreciate the fact that she won’t miss class time, it will mean less stress for you. There’s no back and forth checking her in and out of school, no wondering if she remembered to pick up the work that she missed. I know, you’re imagining the cascade effect of a missed assignment, a lower grade, not getting into an elite college, and suddenly that Nobel Prize is out of reach. Read More
February 1, 2017
Is there a wedding coming up on your calendar? Whether you are the bride, groom, mother-of-the-bride, or an attendant, while you’re figuring out how to make the big day just right, don’t forget about one important detail: your smile. More than the dress, the shoes, the tux, or even the updo, what people will notice and remember will be your smile. Read More