Receive exceptional, anxiety-free dental care
If you have dental anxiety, you’re not alone. Half of the adults in the U.S. won’t visit a dentist because they feel uneasy. At First Choice Dental, our goal is to ensure that no one avoids going to the dentist due to fear. One powerful option for overcoming this hurdle and getting the care you need is sedation dentistry.
What is sedation dentistry
Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective way to have years of dental treatment completed in just one or two visits. For phobic patients, the ability to have a lot of needed treatment done in one appointment, or to visit the dentist without anxiety, is truly life-changing.
Our sedation dentists are experts trained to administer a small dose of medication that will help you relax throughout your dental appointment, with little or no memory of the procedure.
Is sedation dentistry right for you?
Sedation dentistry may be right if you…
- Regularly cancel dentist appointments due to apprehension.
- Have put off dental treatment for a long time and are overdue for significant dental care.
- Have a lot of fear about going to the dentist.
- Have had traumatic dental experiences in the past.
- Have ever been told that you aren't "yourself" before or during a dental visit, due to stress or anxiety.
How it works
- At your free sedation dentistry consultation, you and your sedation dentist will outline your plan for dental treatment and schedule your treatment.
- Your sedation dentist will prescribe you two pills—one to take at night before your appointment, and the other to take the morning of your dental appointment.
- Patients are assessed when they arrive at the office for their appointment and more meds may be given at that time.
- You will arrive for your dental appointment ready for an anxiety-free appointment where you can get the dental care you need.
Schedule your FREE consultation
If you are interested in learning more, you can call us to schedule a free dental sedation consultation, where you can meet the dentist, learn more about the process, and discuss the treatment you may need. Our patients find this no-risk, no-charge consultation puts them right at ease.
October 8, 2018
Gum disease is more common that you might think. If you’re 30-years-old or older, you might be one of the 40% of adults who suffer from periodontal or “gum” disease, an infection that weakens the tissues and bone that support your teeth. Read More
September 10, 2018
This year marks an anniversary that most people in Dane County don’t know anything about—but it’s one that almost all of us can be thankful for. Because back in 1948, Dane County started adding fluoride to our municipal water supply. And while that may not seem like a big deal, studies prove that people who live and grow in communities with fluoridated water experience less tooth decay. A simple, cost effective way to help everyone have heathier teeth? At First Choice Dental, we think that’s something to celebrate. Read More
July 1, 2017
In summer we wedge in appointments for the kids; a physical for fall sports, an eye exam, plus a semi-annual dental cleaning and checkup. And this could be the summer your kid embraces braces. There’s something about your kids orthodontics that triggers deeply held emotions! Are you old enough to remember those coming-of-age 80s movies where some awkward teenager sat on the bus sporting what appeared to be full-body orthodontia? Did those scenes or the warnings of being locked forever in your first kiss with another metal mouth deter you from getting braces as a kid? Read More