The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an orthodontic screening at age 7. By this age, several permanent teeth in most children have erupted, allowing us to effectively evaluate your orthodontic condition.
It is impossible to give an exact cost for treatment until we have examined you. We will cover the exact cost and financial options during the initial examination. We have many financing options available to accommodate your needs, and we will review these with you. We will also review your insurance policy and help to maximize your benefit and file your claims.
Yes. A tooth with a crown will move just like a tooth with a simple filling. The same is true for teeth that have been treated with a root canal. When teeth are missing, orthodontic treatment will aid in the alignment of the remaining teeth.
Upon arriving, each patient will be seen by a treatment coordinator and their doctor. The doctor will complete a brief, but thorough, exam. Plenty of time will be allowed for questions, and please be assured that there will be no discomfort!
The essential questions that we will cover during the initial examination:
- Is there an orthodontic problem, and if so, what is it?
- What must be done to correct the problem?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will the treatment take to complete?
- How much will the treatment cost? Does insurance cover treatment?
Phase One treatment, if necessary, is usually initiated on children between the ages of 7 and 10. Phase One treatment lasts about 12-18 months. The primary objective for Phase One treatment is to address significant problems to prevent them from becoming more severe and to improve self-esteem and self-image.
Phase Two treatment is orthodontic treatment with all adult teeth present. Orthodontic treatment straightens the permanent teeth and corrects the alignment of the patient’s bite.
This is a high-quality bracket system that yields excellent results with as little discomfort as possible. Benefits include:
- Virtually clear brackets may be chosen
- Fewer places for plaque and bacteria to accumulate on the braces
- No colored ties like those with traditional braces
Invisalign is a great system for people who do not want the look or feel of traditional metal brackets. the results are exceptional when this is the right treatment for you. Benefits include:
- Virtually invisible teeth straightening
- Remove the device for eating and brushing
- Eat whatever foods you enjoy
- Brush and floss your teeth normally for better gum health
- No metal that may irritate your cheeks and gums