Your smile is a window into your overall dental wellness. The dental hygiene team at First Choice Dental is passionate about helping you maintain a healthy mouth and prevent problems before they begin.
We’re proactive about dental health
The foundation of the hygiene visit is the Assessment. During this phase, we:
- Review your medical and dental history with you.
- Conduct a free oral cancer screening, since early detection greatly improves the ability to treat oral cancer successfully.
- Take digital x-rays to check for things we can't see clinically.
- Perform a Diagnodent scan to check for cavities.
- Check the health of your gums.
- Do a caries risk assessment so our recommendations are tailored specifically to you.
- In addition, your dental hygienist will identify any changes they see in your oral health, and will help you find solutions.
- Your dental hygienist will perform a thorough cleaning, removing plaque and hard deposit.
Your 6-month checkups are about more than a polish and a free toothbrush.
In addition to that just-cleaned feeling, staying on top of your regular, 6-month checkups is key to preventing potentially costly and painful oral health problems, such as tooth decay, plaque and hard deposit buildup, and gum disease.
Your dental hygienist is a key member of your health care team, as they’re typically the professional who sees you most often every year. Not only can they help your mouth stay healthy, they can also determine any early signs of oral or overall health issues.
Preventing problems is something to smile about
In addition to maintaining a healthy mouth, preventative visits are also one of the best ways to avoid unexpected dental costs, since we help you stop issues before they start. Your Patient Coordinator will work with you to create a YouFirst Care Plan that protects your health and respects your personal priorities.
Schedule an Appointment
Looking to schedule an appointment with First Choice Dental? You’ve made a great choice. Become a new patient or schedule an appointment with your dentist now!
February 15, 2021
Our priority as your dental care provider is to preserve and protect your health and safety. As always, we continue to follow all guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA and the ADA. Read More
February 15, 2021
Why is First Choice Dental’s team of top-notch dentists spreading the word about National Children’s Dental Health Month? Because dental hygiene is an important part of good dental health, especially when you’re young. In fact, cavities are one of the most common health issues affecting children in the United States. So this February, make a solid preventative health plan for your whole family. Read More