First Choice Dental's Re-Opening Update
May 11, 2020
To Our Valued Patients,
We appreciate your patience and understanding over the past two months while we suspended our routine dental services to focus on emergency dental care and on preserving personal protective equipment (PPE) for our frontline workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
We have missed you, our wonderful patients, and we’re looking forward to getting back to work. We are taking a slow approach to re-opening to ensure your safety and the safety of our First Choice family. Some clinics will start re-opening the week of May 11th with limited schedules. By the first week of June, all of our clinics will be open.
We’ve always been committed to the highest infection control standards, and now, more than ever, we know these are important to you. While we were closed, we had a dedicated team working hard to put new processes and protocols in place to further enhance our safety protocols.
Here are the additional steps we are taking to keep you safe:
- We’re asking patients to come alone to their appointments. Family and friends are asked to wait outside the clinic unless the patient requires personal assistance during their visit.
- We’ll be doing parking lot check-ins. Patients will be instructed to call or text us when they arrive at the clinic.
- We are screening all patients for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering our clinics.
- We’re requiring wellness checks for our dental teams and our patients. This includes mandatory temperature checks.
- Masks are required for everyone in the office, including team members and patients. If you don't have a face covering, we'll give you one when you arrive.
- All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the clinic.
- We’re staggering appointment times to limit the number of people arriving at the clinic at any given time.
- We’re closely following guidance from the American Dental Association (ADA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) when it comes to PPE. We’ll be wearing clear face shields and gowns in addition to safety glasses, appropriate masks and gloves.
- We’ve implemented a pre-procedural rinse for patients prior to all procedures.
- Our sterilization processes remain state-of-the-art. All instruments are meticulously cleaned and sterilized before use, and all operatories are thoroughly disinfected between patients.
- High-touch surfaces in reception areas and common areas are sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- All clinics have been deep cleaned – including all surfaces in all of our operatories.
- Every staff member at First Choice Dental is required to attend training on new protocols, added PPE requirements and enhanced infection control processes before returning to work.
First Choice Dental exceeds at offering a level of safety that surpasses recommended procedures and protocols. We are proud of our safety enhancements, and we are confident that we can continue providing excellent dental care while keeping you safe and healthy.
Our staff is working to reschedule appointments that were cancelled due to our closure. If you have a previously scheduled appointment in May, we may be reaching out to move it to accommodate our limited schedule for the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process.
Please call your clinic if you have any questions. We are here for you and happy to help.
You and your family are important to us. We wish you continued safety and good health.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Your Friends at First Choice Dental