Do you accept my dental insurance?
Most likely, yes. We accept most common dental insurance and are in-network providers for the following:
We offer three convenient payment options for dental services not covered by benefits:
Pay as you go
Payment in full
|with cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) for dental services provided on the day of your appointment.||by cash or check at the time of treatment for your entire treatment plan; this earns you a 5% discount.||with NO interest, or extended payment (up to 48 months), can be applied for to pay off your dental care. Available through Care Credit or Wells Fargo.|
Our goal is to make your visit to the dentist, orthodontist or specialist as affordable and accessible as possible. Feel free to give us a call to discuss which of these options will work best for you.
To help you plan for the cost of dental services, we thoroughly explain all dental procedures and associated fees clearly and professionally before we begin treatment. We’re committed to making clear financial arrangements with patients before treatment begins, so there are no surprises.
My dental insurance isn’t on the list. Can I still see you?
Yes, you can still utilize our comfort-conscious services. In fact, many dental plans allow you to seek dental care out-of-network. In addition, many insurances don’t reduce your benefit level for doing so. Our staff can advise you about your dental benefit plan and your ability to seek out-of-network dental care. Contact any of our First Choice Dental locations for information specific to your dental plan. You can also contact your company’s insurance benefits specialist, or your insurance plan administrator.
Dental Insurance Benefits — Purpose & Overview
A dental benefit plan is designed to share in your dental care costs when you visit the dentist, orthodontist, oral surgeon or other type of specialist. It may not cover the total cost of your care. Most plans cover between 50-80% of dental services, and also have a maximum annual payout, which varies depending on your plan. We’re not dental insurance experts. But we do our best to help answer questions you may have. We often hear from patients that they feel we go “above and beyond” in helping decipher the mysterious insurance world. When we recommend dental treatment, we’ll help you understand what will likely be covered by your dental benefits and what costs you’ll likely be responsible for.
How We Simplify the Insurance Aspect of Your Dental Visit
Some providers require you to submit insurance claims on your own after you’ve paid the full amount for services provided on the day of your visit. The goal of our dental office is to make the process more simple, and cost-effective, for you. We collect only those amounts that will likely NOT be covered by your dental benefits, and we submit claims directly to your dental insurance company on your behalf. To make the process even faster, we submit claims electronically whenever possible. We then work directly with your dental insurance company to get questions answered about claims and get things finalized as quickly as possible.
Because we are preferred providers for many insurance networks, we're familiar with their processes and can help streamline all of the paperwork — as opposed to you having to deal with the insurance company on your own. No administrative fees are incurred for our filing insurance claims. Our dental office provides this service as a courtesy.
Here’s what you need to know to help the dental benefit aspect of your visit go smoothly:
- When you visit your dentist, please provide our staff with up-to-date, accurate insurance billing information, so that it won’t be necessary to collect payment in full that day. If possible, we prefer to receive insurance information in advance of your appointment. This helps us avoid delays in estimating your benefits at the time of service.
- Our administrative staff will research insurance benefits and estimate coverage based on our insurance expertise. We do not guarantee our benefit estimates to be correct and are not responsible for benefits that are not paid exactly as estimated.
- Please be prepared to pay any deductibles or estimated co-payments the day you visit your dentist. We also require any day-of payments via cash, check or credit card for charges not covered by your dental benefit plan — including fees considered above your insurance policy's usual and customary fee schedule.
- Please respond promptly to any information requests made from the insurance company and/or our dental office regarding your benefits. This helps us serve you promptly.
- Our office will submit a claim to an insurance company up to two times per appointment for the purpose of obtaining payment. We ask that you handle subsequent appeals, if necessary.
- Insurance benefits are a contract between you and your employer. The coverage you will receive depends upon the quality of the plan purchased by your employer, not the fees of the doctor. You are financially responsible for all services provided at First Choice Dental. Any benefit not paid as estimated is your responsibility.
- Balances after dental benefit payments, which are less than $5, will be collected on your next visit to our practice. A statement for balances more than $5 will be mailed to your account address and are due within 30 days of billing.
Have more dental insurance questions? We can help …
If you have additional questions about your dental insurance coverage, feel free to contact your local First Choice Dental office. We’re always happy to help in any way we can!