Schedule A Free Orthodontics Consultant (608) 848-0820
Step 1: New Patient Exam
- Meet our orthodontists, Dr. Sarah Santos (Campus and Verona) or Dr. Ben Campbell (Sun Prairie, Middleton and Waunakee).
- Discuss your dreams for your smile.
- Panoramic X-ray and photos may be taken.
- A plan will be presented with a timeline and financial information.
Step 2: Ready to Start?
Your second appointment depends upon two things:
- You or your teeth aren’t ready.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that you have an orthodontic exam as early as age 7. Early intervention saves time and money. But, sometimes more growth needs to happen. We’ll monitor progress and see you back for a re-exam in 6 months.
- You‘re ready.
Let’s get started. First, we’ll make an impression of your teeth and possibly take more pictures and a special radiograph of your head and neck. Then, you’ll have an in-depth consultation with your orthodontic team about your custom plan. In some instances, we can place traditional braces or start the Invisalign process at this appointment.
Step 3a: Damon - Self-Ligation Bracket System
We use a high quality bracket system called Damon. Its benefits are amazing and give you the best results with as little discomfort as possible.
- Less pressure on the teeth, resulting in less pain.
- Less office visits. Studies show nearly half as many appointments are needed.
- Less friction, which avoids erosion and deterioration of the teeth.
- Appearance. Clear brackets may be chosen with Damon and are thought to be more aesthetically pleasing because they are virtually invisible.
- Fewer places for plaque and bacteria to accumulate on the braces, translating to fewer white spots when hygiene isn't perfect.
- You can see more benefits at www.damonbraces.com
Step 3b: Invisalign Clear Aligner Technology
Invisalign is a great system for people who do not want the look or feel of traditional metal brackets. The results are exceptional when this is the right treatment for you.
- Eat whatever foods you enjoy.
- Remove the device when necessary.
- Virtually invisible teeth straightening.
- Brush and floss your teeth normally for better gum health.
- No sharp metal that may irritate your cheeks and gums.
- You can see more benefits at www.invisalign.com
Step 4: All Finished!At your final appointment we will:
- remove brackets or buttons (attachments) and cement.
- update your orthodontic records including your "after" photos.
- give you instructions to prevent relapse.
- construct and deliver a "removable" retainer(s).
- insert a "fixed" retainer(s) if needed.
Retainers will protect your investment for as long as you wear them. They are mostly used as the last phase of orthodontic treatment and can help keep the teeth from shifting back to their original position.
Removable retainers can usually be worn overnight after an initial period of full time wear and fixed retainers can stay hidden on the tongue side of your teeth indefinitely.